Shola Kaye helps global organisations prepare for the future of work using the power of emotional intelligence, effective communication and inclusion nudges. Shola’s work is frequently described as practical, easily implementable and inspiring.
She shares frameworks, accessible case studies and valuable insights gained from working with clients across a wide range of industries. What truly sets Shola Kaye apart is her unique journey as a professional entertainer, having performed on stages worldwide. Prior to this, she spent time as a scientific researcher at the U.S. Centers For Disease Control and worked as a management consultant and corporate executive in the UK and the USA. Her background infuses her keynotes with a unique, engaging energy that captivates audiences, keeping them actively involved and encouraging introspection and interaction at every turn.
Successful companies are seeking to create environments of compassion, collaboration and inclusion, supporting their ever-more diverse, often remote, teams. They call on Shola to support their employees, helping them increase innovation, bolster belonging and develop engaged, loyal, productive environments. Shola’s clients include American Express, Deloitte, Google, Meta, IBM, Nestle, Henkel, GSK, Reckitt, HSBC and Oracle.
Shola Kaye is the author of two books (How to be a D.I.V.A. at Public Speaking and Big Talk, Small Talk) and has written for a variety of industry publications.
Develop the skills to support and co-create your colleagues’ success. Delivering effective feedback is a valuable life skill. Feedback can be empowering, and inspiring and can drive an individual, and their team, towards fantastic success. However, if delivered in the wrong way, feedback can be divisive, demotivating, and destructive. And when we avoid giving feedback to spare someone’s feelings, the eventual outcome can be just as damaging.
● Discover the four elements required to create psychological safety so that your feedback is well-received.
● Gain insights from powerful personal stories and statistics on how feedback affects motivation and performance.
● Explore the repercussions of poor feedback styles such as The Drive-by, The Comparison, The Public Humiliation, and The Wrecking Ball.
● Take away an effective strategy for delivering feedback as an individual contributor.
After this session, you’ll feel renewed energy and enthusiasm for giving and receiving feedback. You’ll have a deeper insight into the role your personality plays when delivering feedback and will be able to take steps to optimise your performance. You’ll learn some effective frameworks for sharing feedback in a way that gets results.
Inclusive leadership is essential for success in today’s complex, dispersed and diverse workplaces. Inclusive leaders create a sense of belonging for all employees, regardless of their background, location or identity. This leads to increased engagement, happiness, and productivity. If you want
your organization to succeed, you need to equip your leaders, and their teams, with the skills and knowledge to communicate inclusively.
● Understand the need for inclusive leadership, the six key traits of inclusive leaders, and how to translate those traits into essential behaviours.
● Learn to develop a psychologically safe environment that supports innovation and creativity.
● Develop cultural awareness and use language that is respectful and inclusive.
● Recognise the power of inclusion nudges for remote and in-person teams, and learn some simple but effective strategies for running inclusive meetings.
After this session you’ll feel better able to support your remote, diverse, cross-cultural teams, creating an environment of understanding, innovation, and high performance.
This keynote explores how emotional intelligence skills – in particular, empathy and self-awareness – can create a successful, high-performing workplace culture. Enlightened leaders focus on the whole person rather than on task accomplishment. Through understanding, emotional intelligence, and other ‘power’ skills, we can create environments of belonging, innovation, and productivity. This is an interactive keynote with opportunities for reflection and stories to help land the learning.
● Understand the benefits of an emotionally intelligent approach to overcoming differences and creating cohesion.
● Recognise the value of self-awareness and self-regulation in the workplace.
● Create a link between empathy, feedback and performance.
● Gain insight into the generative power of encouragement and effective communication.
This session helps your emerging and established leaders understand why it’s so important to recognise the whole person and develop stronger bonds with their teams. They’ll walk away with the practical relationship tools and transformational insights that facilitate success in workplaces of increasing complexity and technological advancement.
Keynote may be additionally customised by mapping your corporate values onto the discussed skills and behaviours.
Walk away with the tools and the inspiration to become a more respectful and understanding leader, manager, or individual contributor. During this highly beneficial keynote, you’ll explore the vital components of empathy, how to be a better listener, and how to develop compassion. Deepen your relationships and provide support for colleagues, friends, and family.
● Explore data points that emphasise the importance of empathy and perspective-taking for workplace success.
● Participate in powerful self-reflection exercises to learn more about your style of listening and your listening strengths and weaknesses.
● Find out how empathy and listening support diversity, inclusion, engagement, retention and innovation in the workplace.
● Explore the themes of curiosity, courage and being a catalyst for change.
This session will help create an environment of understanding, lower resistance to change, and will prepare your employees for further interventions in the areas of D.E.I., Wellbeing, Emotional Intelligence, Kindness, Leadership Effectiveness and Respect in the workplace.
Participants will take away frameworks and tools for approaching others with compassion, and communicating across differences.
Show More Show Less
"A dynamic, articulate, empathic and warm presenter. She clearly knows her subject matter. Highly recommended."
Glenn Gutmacher, VP Talent Acquisition - State Street
"The session was both interactive, fun and also compassionate. We received a lot of positive feedback."
Sumi Shukla, VP EMEA Marketing - Riverbed Technology
"The combination of empathy in the workplace and DEI really spoke to our workforce and I am excited to continue to work with Shola."
Nasra Osman, UK Lead for Race & Ethnicity - Reckitt
"A joy to work with. The content was so powerful and authentically delivered, our teams are still raving about it today."
Victoria Morrison, Global Marketing Director - Hotwire PR
"Great session and a lot to reflect on individually, and as a group."
Paul Pythian, Executive Partner - IBM
"Wonderful to collaborate with, and she delivered exactly what we were looking for... a top-notch keynote to more than 900 people."
Professor Allison G. Butler - Bryant University
"Shola managed to navigate an emotive topic with clear, actionable takeaways and with calmness, poise and respect."
Louisa Golden, SVP Technology Chief of Staff - Citi
Contact us to get Shola Kaye's fees and availability for your next event
One of our consultants will get back to you soon