Michael Matania is the founder of Tough Cookie. Following his recovery from PTSD, Addiction and Psychosis, Michael went on to specialise in preventing mental health problems through building people’s mental resilience.
Michaels previous achievements include co-creating Mindkit, the UK’s biggest peer-led mental resilience programme, establishing the ‘Workplace Mental Health Champions’ professional network for Time to Change, the UK’s biggest national mental health campaign, and co-designing Mind’s national mental health strategy for schools.
Tough Cookie research, consult and train in the field of human resilience. They design and deliver award-winning programmes on resilience & leadership, focusing on both top down and bottom up approaches to shifting culture. They work across industry, helping world leading organisations like Meta, Sky and The BBC end burnout in the workplace.
Ideal for professionals working under pressure who want to adopt best practice strategies, this keynote will provide you with a new frame for understanding burnout and equip you with an actionable roadmap for building your resilience.
A 2022 Deloitte report found that 70% of workers have experienced diagnosable burnout symptoms in their current role, and 51% of them are experiencing burnout right now. This keynote is for leaders seeking to understand the drivers and business consequences of the burnout paradigm in their organisation, and the pathway to shifting their culture into high wellbeing and performance.
– Endurance to Resilience.
– Regulating the Nervous System.
– Integrated Rest & Recovery.
– Breaking Addiction to Thought.
– Neutralising Unhelpful Thoughts.
– Dealing with Overwhelm.
– Generating Positive Emotions.
– Interrupting Unhealthy Dynamics.
– Modelling Healthy Behaviour.
– Building Psychological Safety.
– Nurturing Morale & Motivation.
– Identifying & Preventing Overwhelm.
– Responding to Struggling Colleagues.
– Identifying Drama Cycles.
– Candour & Ownership.
– Identifying & Setting Boundaries.
– Integrated Self-care.
– Digital Hygiene & Focus.
– Productive Working Strategies.
As industry-leaders in workplace wellbeing and organisational culture, Tough Cookie provides unparalleled expertise on key issues including mitigating staff burnout and presenteeism, creating dynamic, collaborative teams and attracting and retaining talent.
We consult the leaders of some of the world’s most progressive organisations, including SKY, Novartis and The BBC. We bring innovative and actionable insight grounded in detailed analysis and understanding of an organisation, combined with best-practise solutions with range and relevance.
Our consulting takes place primarily via executive/senior management 1-on-1 interviews and/or focus groups, combined with bespoke surveys for wider data gathering and audits as needed. Some example outcomes of our consulting for executives, includes:
– Comprehensive baselining of an organisation to identify challenges and pain points.
– Short-term practical approaches to mitigating burnout, stress and anxiety amongst staff.
– Actionable mid-to-long term roadmap to cultivating a healthy, sustainable, high-performing workplace culture.
– Strategy to ensure readiness to meet ISO 45003 – the new health and safety standard (EHS) on psychosocial risk.
Show More Show Less
Contact us to get Michael Matania's fees and availability for your next event
One of our consultants will get back to you soon