In today’s environment of dynamic change and uncertainty, Leaders must understand how to organize, lead, and operate their teams through VUCA…Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity. VUCA drives Human Error, and Leaders of High Performing Organizations must mitigate Human Error with Human Factors Leadership.
Brandon Williams helps business leaders understand the Human Factors of Leadership; how to lead change in high performing teams and how to mitigate human error in complex and uncertain environments. His methodology incorporates the same techniques used by fighter pilots in highly complex and dynamic situations. He combines those techniques with his experience as an Air Force Officer, Business Leader, and Human Factors Expert, to develop leaders who can thrive in uncertain and complex environments. Brandon delivers high-energy, dynamic Keynotes and Workshops aimed at inspiring Leaders from all industries and organizations. His presentations can be delivered “in-person” or virtually, and are highly customized to your event and audience.
Brandon Williams is an accomplished and results-oriented leader, top leadership business speaker, leadership coach, and adjunct professor with proven leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams and organizations. His experiences as a United States Air Force F-15E Fighter Pilot and Officer leading diverse teams of men and women from all backgrounds set the stage for his Human Factors Leadership methodology. In addition to his experience as a Fighter Pilot, Brandon is recognized for his expertise in Human Factors, having designed courses for and taught at several universities. His world-class execution of hundreds of speaking engagements to Fortune 500 Business Leaders from all over the globe consistently deliver superior results in how to help Leaders make better decisions in complexity and empower their teams! Brandon graduated from the United States Air Force Academy, and also has a MS in Management.
How do we Lead our Teams in Dynamic, Complex, and Uncertain Environments? How do we Lead through Change? Brandon’s experiences as a US Air Force Fighter Pilot and Officer will give you and your teams the tools to succeed in the dynamic environments we find ourselves in today. Your organization will understand Situational Awareness and how it is used in future decision-making. They will understand how Leaders navigate change and complexity with Autonomy and Mutual Support. And finally, your teams will be equipped to establish a Just Culture of Open/Honest Communication. Harness tactics based on Human Factors research and used by FIGHTER PILOTS in some of the most fast-paced and dynamic situations imaginable!
Take-aways & Learning Points:
– Your organization will understand Situational Awareness and how it is used in future decision-making. Perception-Decision-Execution.
– Your Leaders will understand how Leaders navigate change and complexity with Autonomy and Mutual Support.
– Your teams will be equipped to establish a Just Culture of Open/Honest Communication in the most challenging environment…Psychological Safety.
– Harness tactics based on Human Factors research and used by FIGHTER PILOTS in some of the most fast-paced and dynamic situations imaginable!
– Teams struggling through Change and Uncertainty.
– Leaders at any level who want to learn more about Alignment, Communication, Accountability, Decision-Making, Improvement, and Empowerment through Autonomy.
– Senior Management and Executive Leaders
Does your team struggle with connecting strategy to execution? Are you looking for a planning session to drive action on strategic initiatives or improvement within your organization? Our planning workshop leverages a six-step “Flight Plan” process based on Human Factors Leadership to help equip your team with the highest Situational Awareness before planning and making critical decisions. Plan with a Clearly Defined Outcome and ensure success with Mutual Support, Accountability, and Alignment!
Take-aways and Learning Points:
– Learn an actionable process to structure planning and organize your teams…strategically or tactically at any level.
– Learn and apply a planning process that instills accountability, alignment, and mutual support to ensure plans are seen through to execution.
– Learn about ways to uncover and think about obstacles BEFORE they present a problem in execution.
– Your team will walk away with an ACTUAL PLAN they can execute!
Does your team operate with a Just Culture? Does your organization ensure open and honest communication that drives a “Learning Culture” versus a “Blame Culture?” Our Debrief with Just Culture Workshop will not only teach your Teams how to establish a Just Culture, but will also allow them to utilize our model to Debrief, learn, and improve upon an actual task, project, or initiative in your organization. Your Leaders will walk away with ways to ensure accountability, open/honest communication, analysis techniques (perception-decision-execution), and finally HOW to implement improvement!
Take-aways and Learning Points:
– Learn and practice a method for creating a Just Culture “Psychologically Safe” Environment for Debriefing.
– Learn and practice a method for analyzing execution on an ACTUAL task or project within your team.
– Walk away with ACTIONABLE Lessons Learned on how to implement improvement and repeat successes in the future.
Show More Show Less
“Brandon’s keynote address was phenomenal! The presentation was engaging, motivating, to the point, and very real. Powerful! The information presented on how to lead teams in uncertain and complex environments spoke to the attendees. It was fascinating to learn how the leadership strategy and lessons he learned in the military translated to and applied so perfectly in the civilian world. I learned a lot from Brandon’s stories and real-life examples. It was especially meaningful to hear about the impact of situational awareness and de-centralized execution on leadership success. Furthermore, not only was Brandon well received by the audience but was an absolute pleasure to work with, professional and personable. All in all, he made a powerful impact on the group and made the event a huge success!”
Olga Kurochkina, Event Planner / Education Specialist, National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions
“Brandon’s keynote was absolutely terrific. Energetic, lots of enthusiasm…but most importantly a LOT of specific takeaways that our members can take back to execute on and be better Leaders!”
Dan Berger, President & CEO, National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions
Contact us to get Brandon Williams' fees and availability for your next event
One of our consultants will get back to you soon